Friday, February 01, 2008

Playing Multiple Tables of Low-Limit Holdem - Chris "Fox" Wallace

Playing multiple tables at the lower limits can have some serious advantages, and is one of the easiest ways to make a solid long term income from poker.

Playing 4 tables of 3/6 has the same win rate for me as playing one table of 10/20, but the variance is much lower. I haven't had an hour where I lose $300 at 4 tables of 3/6, but at a 10/20 table this can happen easily. Not only does this make things easier on your psyche, but it requires a smaller bankroll as well. For bonus whores, being able to multi table is an absolutely necessity if you want to make a reasonable hourly rate. At 4 tables of 3/6, I actually collect raked hands for my bonuses about 6 times as fast as playing one table of 10/20, because many hands at a 10/20 table don't see a flop, and therefore don't get raked.

It's also nice to have hands popping up every few seconds demanding a decision. Not only is it very good for my game to see so many hands, but it keeps me from getting bored. I see aces about once every 45 minutes playing 4 tables, and a playable hand or an unraised blind every minute or two, so there's always something to do, and it's easy to stay real tight and solid.

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE >>

No comments: